Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Wait on the Lord

Waiting....what a foreign concept to us humans....well Americans really. One thing I have noticed here in Africa is that they don't mind waiting. They take their time with everything and when they get there...they get there. :)

We have become so rushed with everything that waiting for anything becomes so difficult. It is especially hard when you like to plan things...or when decisions are needing to be made, and you don't know what to do. 

Waiting on the Lord is especially hard for me sometimes. I know all the right answers in my head. However, sometimes my heart fails to listen. I need to be reminded that the Lord is in control. There are so many accounts in Scripture where we are instructed to wait. 


Psalms 25:5 Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

Psalms 27:14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Psalms 37:7a Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him:

Psalms 130:5 I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.

Psalms 62:5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.

Psalms 39:7 “And now, Lord, what do I wait for? My hope is in You."

Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. 

I am going to honest. I do not like waiting. I like to plan everything out...I like to know what is going on. There are times I get a "hint" of what I think God is doing, and I somehow think I can handle things from there. I take that hint and run with it. I began planning everything out. So finally I have a plan. That's the problem... I have the plan. So I am learning. I am learning to stop trying to take control of everything. I am learning to allow God to full work His plan for me. While it is so difficult at times relinquish that control it is so freeing once I do. Afterall...I can't control my future...only God controls my future. The testimonies of complete trust and surrender from these verses are so humbling. The promises given in the last verse are more than we deserve. While we are waiting for Him to work an amazing plan in our life, our strength will be renewed. Not just ordinary strength...the strength to fly like eagles, run and not be weary, and walk and not be faint. How incredibly undeserving is that?? 

I am so thankful that He is in control and not me. I am thankful He continues to show me how to be more like Him. What an amazing God we serve!!

Here is a quote by John Piper that I liked.

To wait on God means to pause and soberly consider our own inadequacy and the Lord’s all-sufficiency, and to seek counsel and help from the Lord, and to hope in Him (Psm. 33:20-22; Isa. 8:17)… The folly of not waiting for God is that we forfeit the blessing of having God work for us. The evil of not waiting on God is that we oppose God’s will to exalt Himself in mercy.- John Piper

In other news...we had two session this weekend. They both went very well!! Praising the Lord for all the opportunities that we have here! We are also going to do a radio program so please be praying for that! It will be March 23rd. Another big prayer request is that we are heading to a rain forest from March 11th (this monday) till March 16th. On the 12th we will be hiking to a village and staying the night. Please pray for us as we minister to the people here. We are excited about this opportunity and can't wait to share how it goes!! 

Thank you so much for your love, prayers, and support. It means so much to me!!!

Love, Loves!


2 comments: