Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The need is great...

We often hear the words unengaged and unreached. We hear them but do we really understand what it means. We see statistics and look at numbers and try to ponder what they represent. It's hard. It's hard to really feel the depth of those words until you are face to face with the reality of them. 

When a place is unengaged it not only means there is no one sharing Christ with them, but they have also never heard the gospel. Can you imagine for one second, living your life and never hearing the gospel??? They have never heard the name of Christ uttered from anyone. That should break your heart in two. People often hear of places and never imagine how dark it can be. 

When I came to Madagascar, I came with the mindset of teaching them True Love Waits. I was focused on that and prepared for that. During orientation week we had amazing opportunities to share the gospel with many people. They were moments I will never forget. I have never had experiences like before. As I made my way to my destination of Mada I had a different mindset. While I knew my main purpose for being here was to teach them TLW, I also knew there was a greater need. However, I didn't fully understand that need till I sat at a table in the missionaries house and was given the stats for Madagascar. God is working here...and in great and mighty ways. However, there is still such a need for him, and there is so much darkness. I know God has placed me here for a purpose and I want to be involved in everything He is doing!! Below is a map that shows the specifics of Mada.


As you can see from the Map the dark red are people groups who are unengaged and unreached. Which means that they have never heard the gospel and no one is currently working among them to share it with them. They currently have no knowledge they have a need for a Savior.

The Orange groups indicate the engaged unreached people groups. This means that there is someone working in that area but less then %2 person of the people are evangelical christians. This can mean that in the whole area there may only be one missionary family....or there could be three missionary families. There is still however a great need!!

The grey areas are places where the gospel has taken root, and local people have began to see the need and take action. We praise God for bringing up Malagasy missionaries to share Christ with their country.

Please pray for these places and the people to whom God will send there. Please pray that there will be a great awakening and Christ will be known!! Pray for the families who are already here with a heart and desire to see the Malagasy know Jesus. Pray for the Malagasy people...that they will see their need for Jesus...and run to the Cross!!


Thank you for your support and prayers!! It means so much to me!! Continue to pray for us as we are learning the language!! I will update again when I can!!

Love loves!!



No comments:

Post a Comment