Thursday, February 7, 2013

I saw trash....he saw food

We have all heard the phrase... "One man's trash is another man's treasure." but what if that were true about you? What if what someone else considered to be garbage...you longed for?? 

I crossed paths with a man who did just that. He longed for my garbage. He treasured it. 



As I turned the corner around a dumpster to put my garbage in it, I noticed something strange. There was a man sitting in the middle of the dumpster. Right in the middle of all the trash. As we put our bags of trash in the dumpster....I saw it....His face! I looked in his eyes. I saw the look of desperation across his face. I saw the remnants of garbage caked on his face. I saw the pile of garbage he was picking through in front of him. I saw him hurry to get our bags after we set them down. I saw him in the dumpster. He was real. He wasn't a statistic...he was a man. 

What we considered garbage....he longed for. 

As I walked away from him the tears flowed from my eyes. I couldn't believe what I just saw. I couldn't forget about him. I sat and thought...what if my next meal depended on the next person to bring their garbage by. What if my bed was the ground under the edge of it. What if the dumpster was my home. What if I smelled so bad that I was covered in flies because I had no where to bathe. What if no one wanted me because I wasn't normal. I thought about this man for days. Ashley (my partner) decided to bring him food and place a tract in it. We did take him food but he was asleep and I'm pretty sure someone else took it from him. We plan to continue to minister to him and share the gospel with him in any way we can. Please pray for him along with us!! 

Also pray that God will awaken your heart to the need for Him all over the world. There is such a great need. Not only physical needs..but more importantly...Spiritual needs! Also I want to challenge you to pray that God would show you just how much He has blessed you with all you have!! 

We met with about 20 pastors and leaders today and scheduled most of our events. God blessed us to be pretty booked up! I am humbled at the fact He would chose me to be used in this place. He is so good! Our first meeting is February 17th. I will try and update more about that later. We finished our language studies this week and we are so grateful for the opportunity to learn some Malagasy. :) 

Thank you so much for your prayers and support for me here in Madagascar!! I feel them everyday!!

More later! Love Loves!!

1 comment:

  1. I love you so much!!!! You bless and encourage me every day; even all the way in Madagascar!! I am continuing in prayer as you go forth that God would be glorified and the His name would be exalted in the earth!

    ReplyDelete