Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Pure Heart!

A Pure Heart

That's what we desire the youth of Madagascar to pursue!! We want so strongly for them to seek to honor God with their lives. We want them to be a generation that rises up and makes an impact on Madagascar!! We want them to live a life of purity!!

One thing that God has reminded me of is that He has a people! He is always at work and He is making Himself known! He doesn't need me to do His work....He just chooses to use me!! I am not coming here to start a work. He is always at work. I am just here to be used in the work He is already doing!!We have the privilege to work as a team of 4. Ashley and I, and 2 Malagasy people. The two Malagasy people not only translate for us, but they also teach with us. It has been such a joy to get to know them and serve with them! They are so godly and have such a passion to make Christ known here. They have lived out the example of what they teach. They encourage us and sharpen us every time we are with them!! We are blessed to be able to serve with them!!

Sunday was our first teaching sessions at a CEIM church here in Tana. CEIM is a Malagasy denomination that is pretty much Baptist. We had such a great time at that church. The people were so welcoming and friendly. We we unsure of what to expect from the youth and prepared for whatever God had in store. We gave our presentation, which took a couple hours. They were so attentive and respectful. They were bold and genuine. We had a time for Q&A at the end, and they asked heartfelt questions. I could tell they were very sincere. We had a time where we asked them if they wanted to commit to a life of purity. Out of the 60 or 70 that were there...just about all of them committed! It was such a blessing to see them desire to follow God in purity. We encouraged them and prayed over them!! We are going back for a follow-up session in a few weeks to see how they are doing!! 

I am so excited at what God is doing here in Madagascar!! We have been asked to speak in a village and at a Children's Home called Grain of Wheat! I am so excited about these opportunities. We will also be going to the Rainforest in March for 5 days to share with the remote villages there. How exciting to know that God's Word is going forth!! 

Please pray for us as we continue to seek God for wisdom and guidance!! We want to be used in any way He wants to use us!! We want to be humble and give Him all they glory! Please pray for these young people who made this commitment and the ones who will in the future meetings!! Pray that we continue to have many opportunities to share Christ among the Malagasy people!!

I am going to introduce our team!! :) 

Meet the team:
Mirana is a woman from Antsirabe, Madagascar which is about 3 south of Tana (where I am). She also was our language teacher for our first two weeks here. She has a heart for God and is a Missionary here  in Madagascar. She has worked all over the country and is just a great example to me!! I have loved getting to know her!! Please pray for her and she obeys what God calls her to do! She fully rely's on Him for all her support and trust Him completely!! 

Mandimby is a man from here in Tana and He is just great! His dad is the Pastor of a local church that we love to attend!! He often preaches at his dads church and loves to work with the youth! He is such an encouragement to me and such a light here!! He also is very involved in Missions and is passionate about Christ being exalted here!! He has plans to attend Northwestern Seminary in TX Next semester! Please pray for him as he prepares to further his studies!!

Ashley is from North Carolina and attends Southeastern Seminary! She is passionate about missions and has a huge heart! She loves youth and has a desire to reach them for Christ!! She is such a sweet person and is my closest teammate!! After all...we are buddies. :) It has been a joy to serve with her so far, and I know it will continue to be! I am so thankful for the kindred heart we share and our common desire to see Christ exalted!! God has been so good to us!! Please pray for her as she is away from her family! Pray that we would continue to work well together! Pray that we will be a team for His glory!!

Of course you know who I am!! :) Please pray for me as I figure out what God wants me to do when I get back from Mada! Pray that He will open doors and shut doors! Pray that while I am here I can focus on my task at hand! Pray that Christ would continue to humble me and use me!!

Thank you so much for your prayers and support!! I am so blessed and thankful for all of you!! If you have any specific questions or anything feel free to ask in comment below or on facebook. :)

Love Loves!! <3 p="">


No comments:

Post a Comment